Jennifer Brake Resume
Results oriented brand and marketing management leader with over 20 years of progressive experience developing and implementing global marketing strategies. Proven performer creating and executing targeted brand, marketing, sales, and communications plans that achieve corporate and financial objectives.
Market research, VOC and Segmentation
CRM, Website and Ecommerce
New Product Launch
SEO, Inbound & PPC Campaigns
- Developed brand strategy and led marketing initiatives to grow awareness, trial, loyalty and advocacy through succinct messaging to internal, B2B and B2B2C audiences.
- Built global marketing departments from the ground up including brand development, market research, marketing strategy, content and channel development, digital marketing and analytics.
- Launched 6 premium global consumer brands in North America. Developed launch plans including brand messaging, packaging, channel marketing, and communication campaigns.
- Led one-year, three-year and 10-year strategic planning process including SWOT analysis, positioning, goals and objectives, forecasting and budgeting with team of organizational leaders.
- Spearheaded rebranding efforts for 4 consumer brands including positioning, promise, tonality, product ID, packaging, online, event and in-store elements and communication campaigns.
- Designed websites, blogging and ecommerce platforms delivering 65% increase in visits, new users and page views. Increased web leads 25%, Ave. order size 15% and sales 10%.
- Conceptualized internal web-based ordering system that delivered 25% labor savings, increasing speed of transactions and order accuracy while decreasing number of reworks.
- Led drip marketing campaigns delivering $4 million in sales and 137% increase in online traffic.
- Delivered quantitative and qualitative market research studies and competitive analysis to grow market presence, segment audiences, tailor messaging and develop plans based on consumer behavior.
Director Of Brand Marketing
Hultafors Group North America, December 2020 – Present
Member of the Executive leadership team. Launch, manage and promote hardware and PPE brands to drive brand awareness, retail growth and market share. Brands include: Johnson Level, Hultafors Tools, Custom Leathercraft, Kuny’s, Martinez Tools, ScanGrip, Hults Bruk, Snickers Workwear, Solid Gear Footwear and Hellberg Safety.
- Build, lead and mentor a team of marketing professionals responsible for branding, communications, product marketing strategies and programs to engage target consumer audiences and fuel buying decisions.
- Drive the planning, creative, and execution of traditional and online channels campaigns for Hultafors Group brands.
- Develop strategic marketing plans with clear objectives, market opportunities, and tactics at a brand and product level.
- Leverage VOC and primary research to build comprehensive brand platforms including promise, positioning and visual graphics for developing marketing campaigns and content distinct to each brand’s unique value.
- Identify opportunities for increasing visibility, brand recognition and engagement with multiple audiences.
- Design & manage the execution of integrated communications programs across channels (print, digital, event, social).
- Lead and direct the development of creative materials for each brand, oversee relationships with advertising agencies and creative vendors, and gain all approvals from appropriate licensing partners.
- Spearhead GTM communication and messaging efforts and act as primary liaison for the brands. Develop and measure integrated marketing communication programs across paid, owned, and earned channels.
- Determine and adhere to budgets spanning staffing, production, media and vendors.
Hultafors Group North America, February 2019 – December 2020
Led branding, marketing, and communications for Johnson Level and Hultafors Tools brands in North America.
- Plan and manage execution of marketing plans, strategies and promotional programs that drive interest and sales.
- Establish brand positioning and execute brand guidelines and brand building initiatives.
- Build from scratch + lead a successful team of marketing professionals in charge of advertising, digital, retail, social and PR communication campaigns.
- Drive brand awareness, end-user database development, and customer acquisition through SEA, SEO, email, trade shows, field events, social media, PR and other communication vehicles.
- Build awareness, trial and growth through packaging, merchandising, print/digital content, advertising, and PR.
- Support product launches and refreshes by working closely with colleagues in sales, engineering, product development, and finance,
- Plan and execute trade shows, influencer, media and customer events.
Marking Services, Inc., April 2013 – November 2018
Led brand communications, marketing team and market strategies for B2B (business to business) global industries.
- Develop comprehensive marketing strategic plans. Direct all marketing efforts of print and digital media, e-campaigns, social media, website, video/print materials, media plans and strategy.
- Establish marketing department. Hire, coach and lead corporate marketing team.
- Analyze key marketing performance metrics and tracking tools to provide market research, competitive analyses, campaign results, and segment trends in order to translate results into actionable insights for marketing team.
- Design websites (US, Canada, Australia) and multi-facetted ecommerce platform.
- Create, update, modify and analyze all electronic marketing including website, eCommerce systems, social media and e-campaigns.
- Spearhead digital marketing, PPC, online advertising, social media content and e-campaigns.
- Create catalogs, service literature and product sell sheets and other marketing collateral.
Serigraph, Inc., January 2006 - April 2013
Develop and execute marketing strategies for eight business units to increase business and grow market share. Verticals: Automotive, Appliance, Consumer Electronics, Industrial, Medical, QSR, Sporting Goods, Retail
- Targeted market studies of new customers, markets, and products.
- Create, implement and track in-bound marketing activities (blogging, social media, email marketing, nurturing campaigns, etc.) to drive targeted profitable customers through the sales cycle.
- Design and manage website showcasing company identity, breadth of capabilities, and industry leading products.
- Tradeshows and technology showcases that deliver the best possible audience and ROI.
- Sales presentations demonstrating Serigraphs' unique product offerings and 360° services.
- Implement advertising campaigns in key trade publications for new market development.
- Update and develop product sell sheets, literature and other marketing collateral.
- Quarterly regional meetings and annual sales meetings to convey strategic vision, increase knowledge of technologies and services, and celebrate major accomplishments.
- Produce and monitor rolling sales forecast.
Database Market Administrator
GMR Marketing, Jul 1996 - Oct 1998
Responsible for administration and research for market databases in correlation with GMR's event marketing programs.
- Designed and maintained databases for individual marketing programs
- Researched relevant market events and industries for strategic planning
- Designed survey activities for customer programs
- Coordinated and support customer marketing programs
Milwaukee Public Museum, Dec 1998 - Jan 2000
Responsible for daily activities in support of a development programs. Maintained high level donor records, acknowledged donations, and prepared correspondence regarding the Museum and its programs. Arranged and attended meetings with high-level donors and prospective donors.
Healthcare Marketing Coordinator
Johnson Controls, Jun 2000 - Oct 2004
Marketing and sales support for the healthcare market at Johnson Controls in North America.
- Develop and maintain internal sales website
- Market Segmentation to identify key prospects
- Develop database of market intelligence and prospect companies
- Coordinate and market industry meetings
- Plan and execution of internal sales meetings
- Research relevant market niches and potential customers
- Coordinate activities for industry tradeshows
- Develop quarterly sales newsletters
Bachelor Of Arts – Business Administration
Cardinal Stritch University – Milwaukee, WI
2005 – 2008
Activities and societies: Habitat for Humanity
Associate of Arts – Marketing
Waukesha County Technical College – Waukesha, WI
1994 – 1996
Activities and societies: Wisconsin Marketing and Management Association
Treasurer - WMMA Waukesha Chapter
Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo, LinkedIn, TikTok, SharePoint, OneDrive, Google Drive, BaseCamp, HubSpot, Constant Contact, EPiServer eCommerce /CMS, WordPress, Google Analytics, AdWords, Dynamics CRM, Salesforce CRM, SPSS Statistics, FileMaker Pro, Titan CMS, Access, Hot Metal Pro, InstaPage
Digital Marketing, Brand Management, Content Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Marketing Management, Strategy, Communication, Leadership, Market Research, New Product Launch, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Budgeting, Blogging, Email Marketing, Event Marketing
Pro-active and Responsible, Strategic Thinker, Creative Problem Solver, Detail Oriented and Organized, Positive Team Leader and Teammate, Committed and Hard-working. Excellent Collaboration, Excellent Multi-tasking, Suburb Oral/written Communication. Excellent Copywriting and Editing, Outstanding Project Management, Analytical and Budget Driven